The International Training Institute (ITI) was established in March 1999 to provide affordable and quality education for the people of Papua New Guinea.
Our humble beginning started at the rented office space in Ori Lavi Haus in Boroko NCD. We had two rooms one being the office and another room is a computer lab with seven computers.
ITI initially offered certificate courses in computing and had the first intake with 30 students in 1999.
ITI gradually moved to bigger premises within Ori Lavi Haus due to an increase in students’ numbers. Within 3 years ITI had also established institute affiliation with Queensland Institute Business and Technology (QIBT) to offer the Certificate IV program in Business.
ITI has established another affiliation with the University of Southern Queensland within a short period of time to offer the first-year bachelor degree program in the business. This arrangement helped us to gain experience in the way the Australian system of education is managed. This in turn led us to improve our internal process and our quality for the future.
ITI aims to provide education at the doorstep and this led us to provide education in other centers that are rarely visited by other private institutes in PNG.
With this in mind, ITI was open our first campus in Lae in 2004 due to demand in the other part of PNG. ITI went on
1. Port Moresby
11. Warangoi Distance Centre
to establishing branches throughout the country.
For the past 20 years, ITI has established itself as a household name for education and training in PNG.
ITI has been granted as a full institute accreditation by the Ministry for Higher Education, Research Science, and Technology in the year 2013.
The enrollment numbers of students surpassed the 1,000 milestones in 2003 whilst in the year 2017, the number of students exceeded 4,000.
In 2018 ITI introduced the new Higher Diploma programs and the duration of the study is for 2 years. These programs are approved by the Department of Higher Education Science and Technology (DHERST).
- Fully maintained and well-designed computer laboratories
- Fully air-conditioned Computer Labs and lecture Theaters
- Well stocked library
- Evening classes available for working-class with affordable transportation
- Various student support services during and after your studies
Approved by National Training council
- Approved by the Office of Higher Education as a Private Higher Learning Institution
- A member of the International Federation of Training & Development Organization (IFTDO)
- Business courses offered on distance education mode
- Special Corporate training courses in Business and Information Technology